IR-related communications and advocacy
- Panisset U. et al. Implementation research evidence uptake and use for policy-making. Health Research Policy and Systems. 2012; 10:20.
- Stamatakis K.A. et al. Developing the next generation of dissemination and implementation researchers: insights from initial trainees. Implementation Science. 2013; 8:29.
- Lomas J. Diffusion, dissemination and implementation: Who should do what? Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1993; 703:226–35.
- Isaacs w. Dialogue and the art of thinking together. New York: Currency Publications; 1999.
- Tetroe JM et al. Health research funding agencies’ support and promotion of knowledge translation: An international study. The Milbank Quarterly. 2008; 86(1):125–155.
- Lapaige V. Integrated knowledge translation” for globally oriented public health practitioners and scientists: Framing together a sustainable transfrontier knowledge translation vision. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. 2010; 3:33.
- Lomas J. Using research to inform healthcare managers’ and policy makers’ questions: from summative to interpretive synthesis. Healthcare Policy. 2005; 1:55–71.
- McGrath P.J. et al. Integrated knowledge translation in mental health: family help as an example. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2009; 18(1):30.
- Bero L.A. et al. Getting research findings into practice: closing the gap between research and practice: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions to promote the implementation of research findings. BMJ. 1998; 317(7156):465.
- Lois O. et al. The use of research evidence in public health decision making processes: systematic review. PLoS One. 2011; 6(7):e21704.
- Jewell C.J. and Bero L.A. Developing Good Taste in Evidence: Facilitators of and Hindrances to Evidence Informed Health Policymaking in State Government. Milbank Quarterly. 2008; 86(2):177–208.
- Klein R. Evidence and policy: interpreting the Delphic oracle. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 2003; 96(9):429–431.
- Rownson R.C.et al. Researchers and policymakers: travelers in parallel universes. American journal of preventive medicine. 2006; 30(2):164–172.
- Bowen S. and Zwi A.B. Pathways to “evidence-informed” policy and practice: a framework for action. PLoS medicine. 2005; 2(7):e166.
- Dobbins M. et al. Uncovering tacit knowledge: A pilot study to broaden the concept of knowledge in knowledge translation. BMC Health Services Research. 2011; 11(1): 198.
- Dobbins M. Use of systematic reviews in the development of new provincial public health policies in Ontario. International journal of technology assessment in health care. 2004; 20(4):399–404.
- Innvær S. et al. Health policy-makers’ perceptions of their use of evidence: a systematic review. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy. 2002; 7(4):239–244.
- Making research evidence matter: A guide to policy advocacy in transition countries. Budapest: Open Society Foundation: 2012. (http://advocacyguide.icpolicyadvocacy.org, accessed 17 October 2017).
Graham ID et al. Lost in knowledge translation: time for a map? Journal of Graham ID et al. Lost in knowledge translation: time for a map? Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions (2006); 26(1): 13–24.
Mercer et al. A randomized controlled trial evaluating the impact of knowledge translation and exchange strategies. Implementation Science (2006); 4(1): 61.
Jones N and Walsh C. Policy briefs as a communication tool for development research. London: Overseas Development Institute; 2008.
Young E and Quinn L. Writing Effective Public Policy Papers: Guide for Policy Advisers in Central and Eastern Europe. Budapest: Local Government and Public Service Reform Initiative; 2002.
Hovland I. Making a Difference: M&E of Policy Research. Working Paper 281. London: Overseas Development Institute; 2007.
Ssengooba F et al. Research translation to inform national health policies: learning from multiple perspectives in Uganda. BMC International Health and Human Rights (2011); 11(Suppl. 1): S13.
Assefa D et al. Intensified tuberculosis case finding among people living with the human immunodeficiency virus in a hospital clinic in Ethiopia (Notes from the field). The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (2011); 15(3):411–413.
Is Research Working for You? Hamilton: National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools; 2009).
Nglazi MD et al. Identification of losses to follow-up in a community-based antiretroviral therapy clinic in South Africa using a computerized pharmacy tracking system. BMC Infectious Diseases (2010) 10(1): 329.
Schober JE, Farrington A, and Lacey A. Presenting and disseminating research. Trent: NHS Executive; 1998.
Bennett, Gavin, and Nasreen Jessani, eds. The knowledge translation toolkit: Bridging the know-do gap: A resource for researchers. Ottawa: International Development Research Centre; 2011.
Implementation research for the control of infectious diseases of poverty: Strengthening the evidence base for the access and delivery of new and improved tools, strategies and interventions. Geneva: Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases; 2011.
Datta A and Pellini A. Communicating research: A beginner’s guide for researchers in Vietnam. London: Overseas Development Institute; 2011.